Vanitas Remnant is a secret boss in Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. It is found at the Keyblade Graveyard after clearing the Final Episode of the game, along wth the Mysterious Figure, it's infamous between fans for its high difficulty (although nowhere as hard as the Mysterious Figure)
Why It Sucks
- This boss is so poorly designed that it can instantly kill you with almost every attack (unless you have the Last Chance ability).
- This boss' A.I is beyond burtal.
- This boss battle is a reskin of Vanitas' battles in the main story. Even its attack patterns are almost the same, they just deal much more damage.
- Some of its attacks can even inflict status changes like Blindness (which doesn't allow you to see clearly or to lock on) or Confusion (which reverses your controls for a bit of time).
- Every time you use a healing magic like Curaga, you heal both yourself and it.
- Despite having only one health bar, it can still take lots of damage.
- Defeating this boss grants you the Void Gear, one of the best weapons in the game.
- Awesome music.
- At least unlike the Mysterious Figure, this boss has only one health bar.
- Bring lots of Potions and other healing items, since you can't use healing magic.
- Regardless of which character you're playing as, bring many Mine commands to harm it from afar. If you're playing as Aqua, use also the Spell Weaver Fighting Style.
- If you're playing as Terra, remove all commands that increase the length of your dodge to attack more quickly.
- It is possible to cheese this boss. Hide behind a rock and he will run around aimlessly trying to find you. You'll be able to safely use cure without him healing, and spam raid commands to beat him effortlessly. This works for all three characters.
- Equip the Keyblade Pixie Petal (Lightcrest if you're fighting this boss in the Final Episode as Aqua) to increase your magic power, since you won't need to physically attack.