The Time Eater is the main antagonist and final boss of Sonic Generations, this robotic creature was found by Dr. Eggman after his battle Sonic in Sonic Colors, and was repaired along with Dr. Robotnik from the Classic universe. While the game has been critically acclaim by fans and critics alike, the final battle agents the Time Eater on the other hand, has been criticize for its qualities.
Why It Sucks
- A mass majority of the battle is just you boosting until you hit the Time Eater's core, it is both tedious and boring.
- The gameplay for the Super Sonic is kind of wonky.
- Due to the nature of the gameplay, it is very hard to get rings for two reasons.
- In 3D gameplay, you could miss the rings due to Sonic's weird hit box.
- You could also miss rings when changing Sonics as they can be on the opposed of were you are.
- The gameplay is somewhat glitchy, as even if you get to the core and have it locked on, sometimes the game won't let you boost into it and the Time Eater will just boost away from you without warning.
- Most of the Time Eater's attacks can get annoying, one such example is him being able to slow down time, it is not only annoying as he sometimes uses that attack when you're close to him, but it can also be annoying when you're trying to get an S rank.
- Though out the entire battle, Sonic's friends will always shout out "That looks like a homing shot!" or something else similar like "Be careful Sonic!", and they never shut up!!!
- This game will let you know that you're running low on rings, as it will create an obnoxious beeping noise.
- The Time Eater only takes four hits to be defeated, making it the weakest boss in the game, even in Hard Mode (in which the bosses get an increase in health) he takes that much hits.
- Awesome music.
- The atmosphere is really intense.
- The Time Eater's design is freckling awesome.
- The 3DS version of this boss is actually really good.