The Spider Guardian is a boss fight in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, it is a Darkling Pillbug that posses Samus' Spider Ball ability, along with the Boost Guardian, it is one of the two bosses that are infamous their high difficulty, of the two bosses however, fans considered the Spider Guardian to be the worst offender.
Why It Sucks
- You are force to fight it in your Morph Ball, which has janky controls.
- The Spider Guardian's design is bland, it is nothing more then a Darking Pillbug.
- The Spider Guardian can do crazy amounts of damage.
- The proses of trying to get to the bomb slots is tedious as using the Morph Ball Bombs to jump doesn't always work.
- Unlike previous bosses were you shoot at them, in this battle you must stun it with your Morph Ball Bombs and then after words use the bomb slots to force it to collide with Electric Coils to damage it, this is both tedious and boring.
- Very few health pick-ups in this battle.
- The Spider Guardian moves very unpredictably and can easily catch Players off guard.
- VERY scarsed checkpoint, when you get a game over, not do you have to undo some of the puzzles that you did, but theres also an unskippible cutscene.
- Much like the Boost Guardian, the Spider Guardian's difficulty was drastically torn down in both the Metroid Prime 2: Echoes New Play Control! and the Metroid Prime Trilogy made for the Wii.
- If you manage to beat the Spider Guardian, you do get the Spider Ball ability, so at least it will pay off after the battle.