Shao Kahn is the main antagonist and final boss of the MK franchise, appearing as the final boss in almost all of the games he's appeared in, in MK 2, MK3, its subsecuent revisions and MK9 ( also known as MK 2011), he is another really infamous boss in fighting game history and its arguable which of all his versions is the hardest.
This page will focus on his encarnation in MK3, UMK3 and MK Trilogy.
Why He Sucks
- Shao Kahn's A.I. is brutal and barely gives you time to react, even on the easy difficulty!
- Shao Kahn's attacks are insanely overpowered, his projectiles (which are these green energy balls fired from his face) are extremely fast, his hammer can stun you, his knee and shoulder tackles cover a tremendous distance and only with his normals he can kill you in 4 hits.
- On that topic, there are times were Shao Kahn will just spam the green energy balls non stop.
- Shao Kahn has enormous HP, far more then Motaro, Kintaro or Goro.
- Being that Shao Kahn is a boss fighter, he cannot be thrown, but he can throw you with no problem.
- Shao Kahn's attacks can break your defense.
- Shao Kahn's fatality is awful.
- Shao Kahn is playable in the PS1 port of Trilogy, and he is broken fun due to his move sets (even if he himself has problems against Shao Kahn)
- When Shao Kahn taunts you, he become vulnerable for attacks.
- In the PS1 version of Trilogy he can be stunlocked by Goro's projectiles
- In the PS1 Version he can commit suicide if you are playing as Motaro since Motaro can deflect projectiles automatically