Onslaught is the main antagonist and final boss of Marvel vs Capcom, he continues the trend of the franshise started by apocalypse, but unlike him, Onslaught is known for being stupidly cheap and is considered the hardest boss in the entire series.
Why He Sucks
- Onslaught has 2 phases and has both his health bars get refilled up, and you don't get your health bar refilled between both (except in the PS1 version).
- Onslaught is a machine of spamming projectiles, and has an enormous variety of projectiles, which includes;
- Sentiel Attack: Onslaught can summon enormous sentinels that dash towards you.
- Sentiel Force: Onslaught can summon small bombarder sentinels that can drop bombs.
- Magnetic Tempest: Onslaught can use Magneto's magnetic tempest, it is were he fires a barrage of meteors at the Player.
- Hyper Gravitation: Onslaught can also use Magneto's hyper gravitation, it is four light green lighting balls that will appear in front of him, and will fire at the Player, only with longer range, unblockable and let you exposed for a really powerful attack.
- Magnetic Shockwave: Onslaught can use Magneto's Magnetic shockwave, this attack involves large light orange energy pillars to appear.
- Hyper Mind Blast: Onslaught can fire a large light blue energy beam from his face similar to Cyclops' Mega Optic Blast.
- All of Onslaught's attacks deal enormous damage, a lot of which is not recoverable by switching characters
- A nasty attack that Onslaught sometimes uses is creating a clone of your character with small life, this attack is impossible to interrupt.
- Onslaught has only one physical attack that hits many times.
- Onslaught can be stunned for a short time but this takes a lot of hits an he quickly recovers, even during specials after which he teleports away.
- His second phase is giant and can move freely around the entire stage including places where is really hard to hit him as only his head can be hit, he losses many of his attacks (except for the hyper gravitation unfortunately) but he does get a new set of moves.
- Claw Crush: Onslaught can use his giant arm to hit you now and this attacks deals a lot of damage and hit many times
- The Mighty Hand: Onslaught can also has an attack in which he goes out of the screen and comes back with a heavy punch, this attack deals a lot of chip damage too.
- Mind Blast: Onslaught's most deadly attack, he can fire an energy laser that creates laser columns.
- Hyper Mind Blast: Onslaught can also shoot up to 3 energy lasers and if you get hit they deal insane damage.
- Due to Onslaught enormous size in both forms, there are a lot of Super moves that don't affect him
- Awesome themes.
- Onslaught has a cool looking design.
- Both of Onslaught's forms can be playable in the PS1 version with all his moves intact.
- The damage Onslaght deals was lowered in the PS1 version.