The Motorcycle Levels are four levels in Crash Bandicoot: Warped. Each of them requires you to beat your opponents to the finish line.
Why they suck
- The turning on the motorcycle is awful. It's either too slow or too sharp, with no middle ground whatsoever.
- The other racers are much wider than you are (as they are driving cars), making it easy to slam into them by accident.
- You can't go backwards. So if you miss one box while going for the gem, you're screwed.
- Trying to get the Box Gem is a pain as you are forced to get them while riding a motorcycle (especially when trying to get Time Boxs for Relics), you basic have two options.
- Try to get all of the Box Gems in one while trying to win the race.
- Force yourself to lose the race so that you can get all of the Box Gems, and then beat the race on a second playthrough.
- In order for you to get the Crystal in these levels, instead of finding them in the level, you have to beat the Racers in a race, so if you lose, you must restart the level all over again.
- Cheap unfair bottomless pits.
- You can't manually control your speed. So if you mess up even once, it's hard to recover.
- In the original version, you are sent out of the level if you lose, so you have to re-enter the level to try again.
- Can't slow down the other racers in any way.
Why Area 51? in particular sucks
Area 51? is the secrete level found in one of thr Motorcycle Levels in Crash Bandicooy: Warped, it is the absolute worst level in the game, if not, the entire series. It comes with all of the above problems, and a few more:
- Instead of cars, your foes are UFOs. As a result, they can fly over obstacles!
- It's very dark, so it's impossible to see ahead of you. This can result in going off-road very easily, missing boxes, and not seeing the enemy vehicles way, way too often.
- The Relic time is beyond brutal, even the sapphire time.
- The level is one of the longest in the game, and has the longest platinum time.
- The music is decent.
- At least their different.
- At least Area 51? is an optional level, so it doesn't need to be beating in order to beat the game.