Metropolis Zone is the eighth Zone in Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Unlike the previous seven Zones, Metropolis Zone contains three full Acts, considered much larger in size compared to the acts of the previous seven Zones. This was considered to be one of the HARDEST Zones in Sonic 2, due to the hazards and enemy placements.
Why it Sucks
- It has 3 Acts, unlike most other zones in the game having two, meaning that this level is very long.
- The 3 Badniks Asteron, Shellcracker & Slicer can be very annoying sometimes:
- Asteron explodes into spikes which hit you on a high area and you have to start going up again.
- The Shellcracker are a huge pain they shoot out their arms when you are CLOSE to them.
- The Slicer is considered to be the most annoying one in the entire zone, he throws his slicers right at you in a far distance, and the worst part is, their slicers can go though walls.
- Cheap enemy placement. Asterons are often planted in the walls near the screws, requiring you to stop or lower the screw. And one Slicer is planted after a series of wall springs so that it attacks you immediately after you land on solid ground.
- Over-abundance of slow paced platforming obstacles that don't work well with Sonic's controls and physics.
- The constant cheap hits make it very hard to get 50 rings and keep them until you reach a checkpoint for Special Stages.
- The music is pretty good.
- Fun boss fight.