Metal Sonic is a boss fight in Sonic Mania. He is the second boss fight of Stardust Speedway Zone and is overall the twelfth fight of the game. While the first phase of the fight has been praised by fans for being fun, the second phase has been criticized for being a bit tedious, and is what this article will cover.
Why Phase 2 Sucks
- You have to make the Silver Sonics that Metal Sonic fires bounce into Metal Sonic, and you have no control over the direction of the Robo-Sonics.
- Like the classic Sonic games, you die after 10 minutes.
- On top of that, there's more phases after this one, so you have to hurry.
- You have to hit Metal Sonic EIGHT times.
- Metal Sonic shoots energy balls to keep you from camping in the middle of the stage.
- If you get a game over, you have to start the entire stage all over again.
- Awesome music.
- The update for Sonic Mania Plus makes this phase much more feasible. Instead of having to bounce the mini Silver Sonics back at Metal, you just have to break them which will cause them to release particles guaranteed to hit Metal.