Master Fortress is a secret fifth and second to last phase of the game's hidden true antagonist and final boss of Super Smash Bros for Wii U, Master Core, it can only be fought if the difficulty for Single Player Mode is at 8.0 or 9.0.
Why it sucks
- This phase is mostly trial and error, as getting hit by one of the few enemies around the stage will give you a few 20 to 30 damage.
- Getting hit by acid at 100% will result in getting K.Oed.
- Getting the 9.0 achievements not only require this phase, but is very frustrating in general. Because losing all your lives will result in the intensity dropping, and there is no way to restore it without starting over.
- One of them requires beating 9.0 with Marth under 12 minutes.
- Another requires you not to use customs.
- The last one is the hardest in the whole game, you have to beat 9.0 without losing a life.
- And to make matters worse, you get nothing if you beat 9.0 on its own.
- Many of the enemies are placed in many cheap obscure locations.
- The Music for both phases is Awesome.
- The game at least grants you a heart to heal you’re damage.