MB (nicknamed Melissa Bergman) is the main antagonist and final boss (penultimate boss if the boss in the post-game is considered as the true final boss) of Metroid Other M, her boss battle is considered to be rather infamous by players.
Why She Sucks As a Boss
- The final battle is a Search Segment.
- MB herself doesn't fight, she stand in this one spot and send her Desbrachians to attack you.
- Not really a fight, all you do is just stand in this one spot and shoot out the Desbrahians.
- Due to how you must stand in this one spot, you must take out all of the Desbrachians in one go, and if you don't, they will ambush you.
- Due to how your in a Search Segment, you can't reload you misses, so you must be cautious and not run out of misses, or else your pretty much stuck with your Plasma Beam, which is much harder as the Plasma Beam (while a powerful weapon) can not stunlock enemies unless charge.
- Whats proboble the most infamos part about the battle is how you win, to beat MB, you must point your Cross Hairs at her and the battle with end. Due to how this game doesn't tell you that, you wouldn't be able to know that unless you looked it up.
- An extremely insulting cutscene after the battle, instead of MB realizing her mistakes and becoming a good guy, she gets shot by the Federation Marines, and to add insult to injury, the leader tells Samus to leave because she is an Outsider, not only was this cutscene a massive slap in the face, but it's nothing more then the game landing one final blow on Samus Aran despite all she went though.
- Nice atmosperice music.
- MB herself is a really interesting antagonist, such a shame that her battle had to be so anti-climactic.