Faces of Death is a Dukematch level found in Duke Nukem 3D. The level itself isn’t bad, but getting to it is really strange due to the game mode of choice.
Why Accessing it is a Pain (Why It Sucks Part 1)
- The level is multiplayer-only, but it can be accessed in singleplayer.
- Accessing it requires glitches in the level “The Abyss” (there is a blocked-off secret exit next to the boss room. Using it once takes you to Launch Facility, which makes sense. The second time, however, takes you to Faces of Death, which makes no sense.)
- Accessing the secret exit requires the no-clip cheat.
Problems with the Level (Why It Sucks Part 2)
- There is no level exit, meaning it is impossible to complete.
- The layout is confusing.
- It’s a fun multiplayer map.
- The PlayStation version adds a level exit, making it beatable.
- This level also acts as a “developer room” of sorts, as there are pictures of the developers hidden throughout he level (they are the titular “faces of death”).