The Dungeon is a stage from Super Castlevania lV, as the name applies this level takes place in a dungeon and is the eighth stage in the game, this stage is infamous for its high difficulty spike.
Why It Sucks
- It's a marathon to even complete this stage, and added with the difficulty, it's a nightmare to complete.
- VERY scarce check-points in this stage.
- Cheap enemy placements.
- Very few health pickups.
- At one point in the stage you have to navigate though disappearing platforms above a bottomless pit similar to the likes of the Yoku Blocks from Mega Man. This is borderline trial and error as they were randomly appear and disappear out of nowhere. To make matters worst, there are falling spike pillars, and considering how Castlevania has some very frustrating knock-back... it says a lot.
- Cheap placements of the spikes.
- Much like most of the levels in Super Castlevania lV, if you get a game-over, you have to start the entire level all over again.
- Nice music.
- At least the boss battle is fun.