Corona Mountain is the final level of Super Mario Sunshine. It is considered to be one of the hardest levels of the entire franchise, but this is due to all the wrong reasons.
Why It Sucks
- The first section is full of annoying instant kills, not only from the lava, but also platforms from which spikes and/or fire come out. If they touch you, you die inmediately.
- The second section is the worst part of the entire level since you must traverse a lava river on a mud boat. To move the boat Mario must use FLUDD's water cannon to push it. However this process is a frustrating nightmare, since it's really hard to control the boat and you must be very careful because if the boat crashes with anything, it will immediately sink, causing Mario to fall into the lava and die instantly, costing a life and forcing you to start from the beginning of the section.
- On the same topic as above, when going for 100%, trying to get all of the Blue Coins in this level is a nightmare, since all but one of them require use of the boat.
- After all that tedious process, you face the final bosses: Bowser & Bowser Jr. The fight is pathetically easy, since Mario only needs to do a ground pound in the platforms in the corners. However the game many times glitches, causing Mario to fall through the small cracks of the platforms.
- Nice atmospheric music.
- Throughout the level there are 1-UP Mushrooms, so the level can be nice to you.