Turbine is an official Capture the Flag map in Team Fortress 2. It was released with the Pyro Update. Turbine and Fastlane became the first community created maps to be added to Team Fortress 2 by Valve as official maps due to their outstanding quality.
Why It Sucks
- Horrible ammo distrubution similar to 2fort, another bad CTF map. There are only ammo packs right next to spawn. This encourages camping.
- There is no actual map design to be found, it is nothing but a fragpit with 2 bases and intel rooms, as well as vents.
- It is very bland visually.
- The vents allow players to camp out, which can be really annoying.
- Speaking of camping, the map encourages nothing but spawncamping. The other team can easily barge into your spawn and kill everyone who dares to step out of the locker room. Teams will often be full of Medics and Heavies (Or other classes like Demoman and Solider) spawncamping, and they will usually be Ubercharging these players to make sure they can't be defeated.
- Engineers will often place lots of sentries in the intel room or on the battlements, which is a pain to deal with.
- While not as bad as 2fort, it is extremely friendly to Snipers, as they can camp out in several areas, such as the deck, the health pack area, and in the hallways, making them even worse than Engineers at times. They also camp in the vents.
- It is a very small map, with the bases being hilarously small.