Boolossus is the third and penultimate boss fight in Luigi's Mansion. This fight is infamous for its difficult and tedious nature.
Why it sucks
- Instead of just vacuuming him up, you have to lure him into a unicorn statue, which actually isn't too hard to do, but then he turns into 15 smaller Boos that you have to freeze and then vacuum up to defeat him, which wouldn't be so bad IF THE BOOS DIDN'T MOVE EVERYWHERE!
- The time frame for catching the Boos is pretty short.
- The Boos can go to places where you can't get to them, such as outside of the arena where you battle it.
- As you vacuum up the Boos, Boolossus gets smaller and faster.
- Despite Booossus' negative reputation, they rehashed this fight for the sequel.
- The final Boo is a huge pain in the butt as it is fast making it hard to freeze and will attack you if your not aware, the worst part is, its a coward, as soon as you fire your Ice Blast, it will run away like a complete chicken.
- You get 15 Boos after beating him, which is useful.
- The statues provide you with the ice element, so running out isn't a problem.
- At least it's better than the Shrewd Possessor fight in the sequel.
- The idea of a giant Boo boss made entire out of regular size Boos is actually quite creative, in fact, there is a similar fight in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.
- Funny and cute cutscene before the battle.