The Battle Royal is a segment from the game Pokemon Sun & Moon and Ultra Sun & Moon, along with the Battle Tree, the Battle Royal is considered by many fans to be one of the most frustrating parts of the game.
In the Battle Royal, all four Trainers will battle each other, the main goal of this area is to obtain three stars on your side, the player will either have to beat all three of one of the trainers' Pokemon, or just beat three of the Trainers' Pokemon.
The Reasons To Why It Sucks
- Smart A.I: The A.I of the trainers are far more advance then original trainer battles.
- Defense Spam: The Trainer A.Is are often cowards and will most of the time counter you by spamming defensive abilities (like Protect, Substitute or Detect), preventing you from even laying a single hit on them.
- Ambushing the Player: Sometimes, all three of the trainer A.Is will ambush you (The Player) with powerful hard hitting attacks, taking out you Pokemon with little to no effort.
- Type Disadvantages: You could have a Pokemon that is weak to all three of the A.I Trainers' Pokemon, making you waste a turn by return the Pokemon to have an advantage.
- Unfair Advantages: Sometimes the Trainer A.I will have an unfair advantage, the most infamous example is that Trainer A.Is (most notable when playing this level in Master Rank Mode) can have Pokemon to Mega Evolve!!!
- Stealing the Kill: As stated before, you must defeat a Pokemon to score a point, but the A.I Trainers could could defeat that Pokemon that you were after, causing you a turn.
- Due to these statements above, this entire area is nothing but trial and error and will require pure luck to even win, even on normal mode.
- All you get for beating the Battle Royal is Battle Points (BP for short), and while the prizes are cool, their kind of are not worth it.
- While pure frustrating, at least the music's nice.
- This area is optional, so it isn't required to beat the game.
- The concept of a 4-way battle between Pokémon is creative.