Aurora unit 313 is the final boss of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, it is the second phase of the main antagonist of the game, Dark Samus and, for over twelve years, the final boss of the entire Metroid Prime series before the announcement of Metroid Prime 4, although not an awful boss like the previous three, many fans considered Aurora unit one of the more disappointing bosses in the Metroid series.
Why It Sucks as a Boss
- Aurora unit's design is very bland and not interesting, its literally just a giant spider-like beast with a cord attach to it's... you know.
- This battle is very easy when playing on Normal Mode.
- Most of Aurora unit's attacks are very easy to avoid.
- Bland final boss music.
- While Aurora unit does have two forms, they aren't that dangerous.
- You are on a timer when battling Aurora unit as the Phazon levels will rise. If that happens, then its game over, and it's back to square one.
- This was, for a while, the final boss fight in the entire Metroid Prime series.
- To add insult to injury, this takes place after the Dark Samus boss fight, who she herself puts up more of a fight.
- Aurora unit has a good variety of attacks.
- At least the Auora unit does get a good bit of build up as there is a recorder in the Space Pirates' ship.
- Aurora unit does put up a (thankfully fair) fight on higher difficulties.
- This is thankfully not the final boss in the entire Metroid Prime series, as Metroid Prime 4 is on its way.